Announcement about the Act 7417 Amnesty Law and the Registration Process
The candidates who want to benefit from Article 35 of the Act 7417 dated 05 July 2022 and published in Official Gazette No.31887 and temporary article 83 added to the Higher Education Act 2547 are supposed to apply for amnesty until 07 November 2022, by 17.30.
Students who meet the conditions specified in the Law and;
- apply until 31 August 2022 by 17.00, will be able to register for the 2022-2023 Academic Year Fall Semester
- apply between 01 September 2022 – 07 November 2022 and will be able to register for the 2022-2023 Academic Year Spring Semester.
The candidates doing their military services on the effective date of the Law benefit from the temporary article 83 if they apply for two months following their discharge.
The candidates who could not apply for a compelling reason during the application dates are supposed to apply one month following the compelling reason. The candidates who could not apply because of health-related problems must submit the relevant committee report until 05 December 2022 to benefit from the Law.
Application Start Date: 05 July 2022
Application Deadline: 07 November 2022 by 17.30.
Those doing their military services must apply two months following their discharge.
The candidates are supposed to fill out the online application form, which is available on the link below. While filling out the form, the candidates are supposed to upload the image of the Front / Back side of the TC Identity Card, and criminal record downloaded from the e-governmental portal to the document upload page. International students are required to upload the first page of their Passport to the document upload page. The application will not be completed if the required documents are not submitted. Registrar’s Office will verify the authenticity of the documents. If a crime specified in the relevant Law is detected, the application will not be approved.
The candidates who have been placed METU by ÖSYM but are not registered have to submit their petition containing their application request and their ÖSYM results to the Registrar’s Office by hand. Applications through post/Cargo will not be accepted.
The candidates who have been accepted to the graduate programs but are not registered must submit an official document explaining their acceptance to the program, which is obtained from the related Institute Directorate, and their petition containing the application request to the Registrar’s Office by hand. Applications through post/Cargo will not be accepted.
The Application Form:
For the online application form please click .
* Detailed information about procedures and principles determined by Middle East Technical University Senate can be accessed
* The Implementation Procedures and Principles determined by Higher Education Institution of the Act 7417 can be reached from:
* The Official Gazette of the Act 7417 can be reached from:
PROCEDURES FOR THE STUDENTS WHOSE AMNESTY APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE
ADAPTATION AND INTERACTIVE REGISTRATION PROCESSES
Adaptation processes of the students whose amnesty applications have been approved by the Registrar's Office will be conducted by the related department and the related faculty /institute / vocational school. Students whose adaptation process has been approved by the related faculty /institute / vocational school directive are supposed to attend interactive registration and take advisor approval between the dates explained in the academic calendar. Please visit to get detailed information about the interactive registration and advisor approval.
USER CODE AND PASSWORD
The students must complete the user code and password process between the dates below.
- Students who will start their education in the Fall semester; 23 - 29 September 2022.
- Students who will start their education in the Spring semester; 03 - 16 February 2023.
The user code and the password determined during the amnesty application are invalid.
- Students who cancel their registration from the university within the last six months and forget their password are supposed to visit https://useraccount.metu.edu.tr/ to update their password.
- Students whose user account has been deleted (students who canceled their registration before the last six months) have to take a new user code by visiting https://useraccount.metu.edu.tr/
- Students who are placed at METU by ÖSYM and students who got acceptance to graduate programs but are not registered to the university are supposed to take user code and password by visiting the https://useraccount.metu.edu.tr/newstudent
Students must complete user code and password processes between the dates mentioned, to pay the tuition fee and attend the interactive registration.
STUDENT ID CARD
The students are supposed to apply for the student id card from after taking the user code and password. Students will not pay any money for their first application. Detailed information can be reached at http://oidb.metu.edu.tr/en/student-id-cards.