1- VIA E-GOVERNMENT SYSTEM
- Students take their student certificate from e-government system (https://www.turkiye.gov.tr/yok-ogrenci-belgesi-sorgulama).
- Student certificate has an electronic signature and it is valid for all formal institutions. Since document has a barcode on it, submitted institutions can verify the document.
- In order to take student certificate through the online system, e-government system password is needed. It can be obtained from the post office with the identification card.
2- VIA STUDENT.METU.EDU.TR ADDRESS
You may also apply and download your online student certificates via using the "Student Certificate Application Program" available at student.metu.edu.tr
Who can use this program?
- Student Certificate can be taken by the students with the semester status of registered or on-leave.
- You have to make your application with your METU student ID number and e-mail account. (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your password is the one defined for your METU student ID number.
- If you have any problem with your accounts/passwords, you may use the METU User Account Management page at https://useraccount.metu.edu.tr
How can I receive my Student Certificate?
- Student Certificate without any extra explanation will be instantly prepared by the system with a QR code on it and you will be able to download it as a PDF file.
- The document is valid for one month. Within this period, it can be verified through the QR code on the document.
- If you apply for a new document within the validity period of a previous document, the previous document will continue to be verifiable within the validity period. However, the verifying institution will be notified about the issuance of a more current document.
- If you need a personalized note on the document (such as scholarship, tuition fee payment, grading system, English Proficiency Exam result), you will fill the related fields on the application page.
- Advisors in the Registrar's Office will be notified about the document requests with a personalized note for approval and preparation.
- Registrar's Office will prepare the document and the student will be notified via e-mail that the document is ready and downloadable.
- The student can track the status of his/her application via the “Student Certificate Request" link on the application program.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it possible to make multiple applications?
- If you have requested a Student Certificate with a personalized note, you cannot make a new application until the Registrar's Office approves and prepares your document.
- If you have requested a Student Certificate without a personalized note, you can make a new application. However, if you apply for a new document within the validity period of a previous document, the previous document will continue to be verifiable within the validity period. However, the verifying institution will be notified about the issuance of a more current document.
Can I submit the same PDF file to more than one institution?
Yes, you can. You do not need to make multiple applications for each institution that you want to submit the certificate. Within the validity period, you may download as many documents as you want and submit it to the institutions.
I have downloaded the Student Certificate without a personalized note. But I want to get a new one with a personalized note. What should I do?
You may make a new request clicking the "New Application" button.
When will my Student Certificate with a personalized note be ready to download?
You may download your document within 1 working day following your application. You can track the status of your application via the “Student Certificate Request" link on the application program and via the e-mail to be sent to you by the Registrar's Office.
I want to get a Student Certificate. What should I do?
You can access the application program via clicking on the “Student Certificate Request" link on student.metu.edu.tr address. You may proceed and finalize your application by following the “Student Certificate Support” Menu.
You may use the “Send Feedback” button in the program or send email to email@example.com address regarding your questions and problems about the Student Certificate.