The Application Process
APPLYING FOR THE ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXAM (ON-LINE)
Applications for the English Proficiency Exam will be made online through the address https://application.metu.edu.tr ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXAM APPLICATIONS. Those who have lost their right to attend the DBE regulations and have the right to take the exam, and those who have the right to take the exam within the scope of article 35, must enter the program through the e-government portal.
After the candidate enters information into the application program and uploads his/her photo to the system, he/she pays the exam fee with a credit/debit card or uploads the exam fee payment receipt to the system.
The photograph must be of biometric features (5x6 cm, minimum 5x5 cm, absolutely frontal, without sunglasses, on a monochrome white background).
The list of the candidates who are eligible to take the exam and their exam places will be announced one day prior to the exam at the School of Foreign Languages web address https://epe.metu.edu.tr/. In addition, detailed information about the exam can be found at this address.
In order for the candidates to take the exam, it is mandatory that they present their Republic of Turkey citizenship card or passport.
- The photograph should be 50 mm x60 mm in size, in white background, and without a pattern.
- Files must be less than 3 MB and png/ jpg/ jpeg/ gif formats are allowed for upload.
- In the photo, you should have a neutral expression with closed mouth and be facing the camera.
- Eyes should be opened and clearly seen. Your hair should not cover your eyes and you should directly look at the camera.
- You should center the head with the frame.
- Accessories (like hat) are not allowed except glasses used not as accessorize.
The approvals of applications are made by the Applications Unit of Registrar’s Office. The candidates should follow the approval/rejection status of their applications through the system. Those who have not completed their application by the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Application Fee: 150 TL
For the exam will be held online, candidates who declare on and after the exam date that they did not take the exam will not be refunded.
Important Note: The application fee must be paid in the name of the person who will take the exam.
Bank account numbers can be seen in the following link: http://oidb.metu.edu.tr/en/bank-account-numbers-other-services-0