Transfer applications from Syria, Egypt, Libya and Yemen (In the framework of Additional Article 2)
2021-2022 Academic Year Fall Semester Transfer Application According to the Implementation Principles of Regulation (Additional Article 2) about Transferring among Institutions of Higher Education Associate Degrees, Undergraduate, Major, and Minor Programs, as well as Course Substitution through Transfer
Registrar’s Office Application Unit
Phone: 0 (312) 210 34 64 - 34 12
02 - 16 August 2021 Application dates (Additional Article 2)
It comprises the transfer applications according to the implementation principles of the regulation (additional article 2) about transferring among institutions of higher education associate degrees, undergraduate, major and minor programs, as well as course substitution through transfer.
Within this scope;
- Turkish citizens studying in Russia (except medical specialty programs and dentistry specialty programs)
- Turkish, Egyptian and Syrian citizens, as well as other international students studying in Syria and Egypt,
- Turkish citizens studying in Yemen,
- Turkish citizens studying in Libya,
will be able to apply for transfer.
- Please click1 / click 2 for procedures and principles of the Council of Higher Education
- Please click for Middle East Technical University Directive for Student Transfers for Undergraduate Programs
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS and APPLICATION PROCESS
- Application Form (This form can be obtained from the following link http://oidb.metu.edu.tr/en/forms )
- Student Certificate
- Exam/Diploma including grade type, grade, ranking details etc.
- Course contents of the program to which the applicant is currently registered
- Copy of national identity card/passport
- English Proficiency Document (Please read explanations under the English Proficiency Section)
The required documents should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office Application Unit by hand or cargo until the deadline. Applications with missing documents will not be taken into account.
The medium of instruction in our university is English. It is mandatory to submit a valid English Proficiency document during the application. Please click for the equivalency table and scores for English language exams accepted by University Senate.
Those who are about to make an application for the 2020-2021 Academic Year Fall Semester are expected to enter the English Proficiency exam to be held on June 08, 2021. The English Proficiency Exam to be held in September is not accepted in the application since it is made after the application evaluations.
EVALUATION and RESULTS
Phase I: Pre-evaluation
Pre-evaluation is done to determine whether a student is eligible to apply or not, according to the related legislation. Applications of the candidates, fulfilling the requirements, are submitted to the related academic units. Applications of the candidates, which do not fulfill the requirements, are “rejected” during the application process.
Phase II: Evaluation and Results
Candidates who satisfied the application criteria are evaluated by the related academic units. The list of the candidates who get admission is announced on the following webpage: http://oidb.metu.edu.tr/tr/butun-duyurular
For the pre-evaluation or evaluation period, documents cannot be returned to those who are rejected.
The courses taken from the previous programs can be counted into the new program by the proposal of the Department Chair and the decision of the related Administrative Committee. These courses are included in the Cumulative Grade Point Average, starting from the semester the student started or transferred to the program in which he/she is enrolled.
The duration spent in the previous program is also considered for the calculation of the maximum education time of the new program.
TUITION FEE PAYMENTS
For information on tuition fee payments please visit the link: http://oidb.metu.edu.tr/en/tuition-fee-payments