General Information About Interactive Registration
STUDENTS WHO WILL MAKE INTERACTIVE REGISTRATION FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Registrations will be done by using http://register.metu.edu.tr URL address. During registration, please do not open more than one window at one time. Doing so may cause to loss of information or the program may fail to register the courses.
- The registration program opens during the dates announced in the academic calendar.
- In order to access the registration program, you will use your user code and password. The student password can be obtained from METU User Account Management after university registration. User code consists of the first 6 digits of the student number with an "e" at the beginning (e.g. e111222).
- Students are to click on METU's main page (www.metu.edu.tr) in any computer having the internet connection.
- On the top of the main page, it can be reached the information to learn the complete list of courses to graduate by Academic Catalog subtitle under the title of Academic Information (Academics).
- Registration program requires the numeric codes of departments and courses. This information can be reached through View Program Course Details (64) title among the programs that are authorized by the student under https://student.metu.edu.tr URL address.
- The program assigns the must courses automatically to the student's profile (Except from Compulsory ENG Courses given by DEPARTMENT OF MODERN LANGUAGES). Students should add the Compulsory ENG Courses themselves. For detailed information: https://mld.metu.edu.tr/en
- A course can be added by the addition of the course code and course section. The course that the student would like to withdraw can be selected by the "drop" button.
- The course whose section will be changed can be selected by the "change section" button.
- After completing the course addition, the academic advisor approves the registration. Otherwise, the registration will not be completed.
- (*) Advisor Approvals start on the first day of the interactive registrations at 10:00 am.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL PROCESS
- Each student must renew his/her registration for each semester during registration dates announced on the Academic Calendar. For registration renewal you need to follow the steps below:
- Tuition fee payment (for students who need to pay)
- Interactive registration (except students of Department of Basic English)
- Advisor approval (except students of Department of Basic English)
- Students who miss any one of the above steps will be "not registered" for that semester.
STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT REGISTERED
Students who did not complete their registration process during the registration dates (except the ones who are in their first semester and the ones in the adaptation process) cannot register during add-drop period. Those need to write a petition stating their justifications to the related Board of Directors until the end add-drop period. If the Board of Directors accepts his/her justification, his/her registration can be renewed. The ones whose justifications are not accepted will be not registered. These students can register for next semesters according to the decision of the related Board of Directors. The semesters students are not registered will be deducted from the maximum period of study.
Students who did their registrations during the Interactive Registration Period and do not want to make any changes do not need to use the registration program again.
Students who did their registrations during the Interactive Registration Period and want to make changes (adding or dropping a course, sections changes, etc.) need to take advisor approval again during the add-drop period.
REGISTRATION and ADVISOR APPROVAL PROGRAM
Interactive registrations will be done by https://register.metu.edu.tr.
On the first day of the registration process, the advisor approval program will open at 10:00. Students must contact their advisors about the courses which they will take before registering.
You can reach the detailed information about the interactive registrations by using this link.
When it is required to make a change on the registration program after getting the advisor approval in the registration or add-drop period, it is necessary to contact the advisor to cancel the previous approval and to get a new approval after making the changes.
Students will be able to register step by step on the first day of registrations. Registration hours by years are as follow:
- Beginning from 9:00: 4th-year students
- Beginning from 10.00: 4th and 3rd-year students
- Beginning from 11:00: 4th, 3rd, and 2nd-year students
- Beginning from 12.00: 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st-year students
- Beginning from 13:00: Graduate, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st-year students
Registration and advisor approval program will be closed at 17:00 at the last date of registration.
In order to access the registration program, you will use your user code and password. Student password can be obtained from METU User Account Management after university registration. User code consists of the first 6 digits of the student number with an "e" at the beginning, we strictly recommend you to check your password before the registration period begins. In case of a password change, you can access the program after 30 minutes.
REGISTRATION PC ROOMS AND WORKING HOURS
In all PC Rooms, there will be personnel available to help students with registration.
PC Rooms open for registration will be announced on the following web page:
THE UNITS TO BE CONSULTED FOR PROBLEM
Those who forgot their passwords should follow the steps stated on https://useraccount.metu.edu.tr/
Tuition Fee Office. (Dean's Office of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, 2nd Floor)
Course registration criteria
Department, year, surname, capacity, sections of elective courses etc.
Secretary or OIBS user of the related department
Must courses, prerequisite courses
OIBS user of the related department or Registrar’s Office
Secretary or OIBS user of the related department
TURKISH LANGUAGE, HISTORY, IS 100, MUST ENGLISH LANGUAGE and ELECTIVE LANGUAGE COURSES
Information about these courses (registration, attendance, success, prerequisite, course codes, etc.)can be found on the following links:
For Turkish Language courses: http://turk.metu.edu.tr/
For History courses: http://hist.metu.edu.tr/
For IS 100: https://ii.metu.edu.tr/is100
Must English Language and Elective Language courses: http://mld.metu.edu.tr/en
CONTROLS and AUTOMATIC PROCESSES of the REGISTRATION PROGRAM
The registration program controls automatically the below-mentioned processes.
For undergraduate programs, must courses, based on the criteria (prerequisite, the department that will open the course, year, surname, capacity, etc.) defined by departmental OIBS user, will be automatically added to the enrolment list of the students.
For undergraduate programs, must courses with unsuccessful grades will be automatically added to the students’ enrolment list and the replacement of those courses.
Beginning from their third semester, the ‘Seminar Course’; after assignment of the thesis advisor, the “Thesis” and “Special Studies” will be automatically added for the students of the master’s programs with thesis.
For the master’s programs without thesis and secondary master’s programs without thesis,
To the programs of the students who are accepted before the first semester of 2016-2017 Academic Year and accepted to the Scientific Preparatory Class in the first and second semesters of 2015-2016 Academic Year and successfully completed, Term Project will be automatically added in the fifth and next semesters.
To the programs of the students who are accepted in the first semester of 2016-2017 Academic Year, Term Project will be automatically added in the second and next semesters.
The “Thesis” and “Thesis Studies” course and other thesis courses will be automatically added for the doctoral students after their adviser has been appointed.
There will be a warning message for students of the undergraduate program in case of:
- Overlapping courses
- Change of the course load defined in the curriculum in the first semester
- Students who take less than three courses which is the minimum course load
- Courses that cannot be added to the students' schedule because of full capacity There will be a warning message for students of the graduate program in case of enrolling to a course with the code 3XX or 4XX in a master program with thesis which has not been taken during the undergraduate program. Maximum two of these courses can be considered as a part of the course load.
- Enrolling to a course with the code 3XX or 4XX in a non-thesis master program which have not been taken during the undergraduate program. Maximum three of these courses can be consider as a part of the course load.
- For PhD students taking an undergraduate course unless its status is NI.
- Taking the courses with credits unless their status is NI for the masters program students and post-master's doctoral program students who are in the thesis writing period in the fifth and over semesters, and for the post-bachelor's doctoral program students who are in the thesis writing period in the seventh and over semester.
Registration program do not let students to complete their registration under the following circumstances:
- Not to pay tuition fees (for the students who are obliged to pay tuition fees)
- To exceed the course load (for the undergraduate programs)
- Not to meet the requirements about course registration under the probation status (for the students of undergraduate programs)
- Not to meet the pre-requisite of the course (The prerequisite of the course is not department-based, but course-based as defined in the catalog)
- Not to meet the requirements of the regulations about the courses with NI status
- Not to assign a thesis advisor until the date specified in the academic calendar for Master students who are in their second semester and PhD students who are in their third semester
METU INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES USE POLICY
Information about METU Information Technology Resources Use Policy can be reached via http://www.metu.edu.tr/it-use-policy