Implementation Principles Regarding Students from Foundation Higher Education Institutions and Military Academies Closed in accordance with Decree-Law 667 and 669 Concerning Measures Taken within the Scope of the State of Emergency
(1) These implementation principles cover the following undergraduate students:
a) Students from foundation higher education institutions that were closed in accordance with Decree-Law No. 667,
b) Students from military academies that were closed in accordance with Decree-Law No. 669
(2) The courses that are counted towards the program are indicated with the letter grade EX on the transcript. Information regarding the institution of higher education where the student took the courses exempted at METU is indicated in the explanations section of the transcript.
(3) The success status (successful, unsuccessful, probation, etc.) and ranking of the student are determined according to semester and cumulative grade point averages of the courses taken at METU.
(4) For graduation, the Cumulative Grade Point Average obtained from the course credits and grades in the program the student is enrolled in at METU must be at least 2.00.
(5) The Cumulative Grade Point Average for graduation is calculated after the finalization of registration to courses of the program which the student is enrolled in at METU, the letter grades obtained from these courses and the Cumulative Grade Point Average in terms of graduation.
(a) The Cumulative Grade Point Average for graduation is calculated by taking into consideration the credits, credit values and grades of the courses taken in the program at METU as well as those taken in the previous program and counted towards the program at METU.
(b) The Cumulative Grade Point Average for graduation must be at least 2.00.
(c) The Cumulative Grade Point Average for graduation is specified in the descriptions section of the transcript.
(7) In order for a student to graduate from METU with “honors” or “high honors”, at least 70% of his/her courses must be taken at METU.