2018-2019 Academic Year Registrations of International Students to Undergraduate Programs
Registration Date: September 5-6 and 9-10, 2019
Registration Place: Kümbet Hall in METU Cultural and Convention Center (KKM Kümbet Salonu)
Registration Hours : 09.00 - 12.00 13.30 - 16.30
Undergraduate students should prepare and submit the following documents to complete their registration on 10-14 September 2018. If your documents are not in Turkish or English, the translations of the documents should also be submitted. Translations by translation offices are also accepted. You should also bring one copy of each document.
1. Original exam result(s) which you used while applying.
2. Original high school diploma
3. Original high school transcript
4. Equivalence letter is a letter certifying that your high school diploma is equivalent to a Turkish high school diploma. Please obtain this document before coming for the registration. It can be obtained from the Turkish Embassy in your country or the National Education Directorates in Turkey. If you are going to apply in Turkey, we recommend you to apply to it in Ankara (Address: Ankara İl Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü, MEB Beşevler Kampüsü I Blok Yenimahalle) instead of any other Turkish city, because of the practicality of further procedures. Your high school diploma, its translation, and your transcript are necessary to get this letter.
5. Passport: During the registration, passports should be shown to the International Students Advisors, and copies of the pages that include “identification information”, “visa” and “the page with the stamp showing the entry date” should be submitted. Students who have been living in Turkey for at least one year with an Education Residence Permit should give the copies of their Student Residence Permit. Students who have a diplomatic passport or a “blue card” do not need to submit a visa or residence permit.
6. 4 color portrait photos: You are recommended to bring 12 photos since you need extra photos for dormitory applications.
7. Bank Receipt of the Paid Semester Tuition Fee: Tuition fees are paid to the banks just before registration. You will need your student ID number to pay it, which you can find in the acceptance letter. The amount of tuition fees is stated on the following website http://iso.metu.edu.tr/en/tuition-fee You do not need to pay the tuition fee in your country as it is easily payable on the campus.
Please do not forget to have a look at the International Student Guide for the newly-admitted students. Available here: